Friday, June 8, 2012

June 8, 2012:PAP Day 14, Paris to Morrilton, AR

Just to prove that this tour has not been all wheat and corn fields, here is a nice Ozarks photo from today:


We left Paris, Arkansas at about 7AM. Most of the ride was the normal up and down, but toward the end it flattened out for quite a while before slapping us with a couple of climbs to get to our hotel. The flats were not all good news, because that is where we encountered the most wind of the day as well. Nothing terrible, but enough for us to take turns up front.

Apparently all the physical challenges of the past two weeks caught up with me today. I was really pooped by the end of the ride -- so pooped, in fact, that I slept for three and a half hours after returning from lunch! A nap of any kind is an extreme rarity for me, so it underlined what I am feeling in my legs. I am always sad at the end of these adventures, but my body will be very happy to have the opportunity to recover.


No comments:

Post a Comment