Tuesday, July 8, 2008

True Fans

I REALLY enjoyed this book. There were many descriptions and experiences that strongly reminded me of our own recent trip, in spite of the significant superficial differences between the two tours. I don't know whether it would be as moving for someone who had not done something similar, but it sure did it for me.

On a recent tandem ride with Kathy I found myself fantasizing about taking another tour and rolling down another perfect road. Suddenly I became aware that I was riding on such a road at that very moment! Kathy and I are fortunate that we live in a relatively rural area with many beautiful roads within an easy ride from our driveway. My cycling mantra is now: "Be here now."

Here's the Amazon link for True Fans:

http://tinyurl.com/truefansbook

No comments:

Post a Comment